Worship With Us
Other service leaders are drawn from the UUSMV, Island, and UU communities. Each speaker draws from the primary sources of the UU faith, which are varied to include and support people from all backgrounds. These sources are:
- Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life;
- Words and deeds of prophetic women and men that challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love;
- Wisdom from the world’s religions that inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life;
- Teachings from the Abrahamic faith traditions that call us to respond to God’s love by loving our neighbors as ourselves;
- Humanist teachings that counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit;
- Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions that celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.